Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Taken (2009)

Plot
This action film stars Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills, a retired CIA agent who is trying to make up for lost time with his daughter. Later in this film his teenage daughter Kim wants to go to Paris, France with her 18 year old friend... after a lot of convincing he lets her leave. Still a concerned father he makes multiple phone calls until she finally picks up. Suddenly as she does , she witnesses a kidnapping of her friend, and then she aswell is kidnapped in their apatement. After planning a flight, Bryan Mills sets off to Paris to look for his daughter. He then figures out that his daughter was abused, hooked on drugs and put in to prostitution. Using his CIA skills, he finds creative ways of tracking her footsteps, taking down every albanian ouot in his way.

Without ruining the ending, he sets off on an adventure to try to save his daughter in amount of under 72 hours.

Action
The action in this movie is fantastic, and very thrilling. Things happen so fast in the movie, without being to lost. It`s very quick and looks very realistic. Liam Neeson must of took some type of class to be in this film, because he uses some very distinct solid moves. Like for example the throat attack, at the airoport in Paris.


Acting
The acting is also very incredible. Liam Neeson brings a performance of a daring man, and at the same time a loving and caring father. He also has this fantastic monologue that he does over the phone, when he is socializing with the man who kidnapped his daughter. The famous ``I don`t know who you are..``
Don`t take my opinion for it, check it out yourself.




Cinematography/Director

The cinematography is also very cool, it`s a very dark and depressing setting (As you can see in my last link above), and it shows Bryan Mills personality; with all his dark secrets and how he`s sad because
-he`s divorced and doesn`t have much of a connection with his daughter.












































6 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in this post! Personally, I love this movie. It has a lot of action scenes and you never know what's going to happen next! It keeps you up on your feet always wondering what's going to happen, and I love movies with such suspense! Liam Neeson also plays a great role of both a daring man, and a loving and caring father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taken is by far one of my favorite movies and I believe that many of these aspects were spot on. There was a perfect amount of action that was clear and easy to follow, as well as a clear story line. I personally loved Liam Neeson in this movie and I still find myself quoting his big monologue on the phone with his daughter's kidnappers. Loved your review on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree on this post with you more! I love this movie! It is one of my favorites and I find that the actors did a wonderful job carrying out the story line! The scary part about this movie is that this actually happens in real life. It's an eye opener!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a solid action film! Very cool and just got to the point. I also agree it is pretty scary knowing stuff like this happens on a daily. I think all people should watch this film, to open the other eye and be aware that this could happen to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taken is a very nice movie! have you watched the second one? it wasnt as good as the first one because the action scenes and the original scenes in taken were absolutely incredible, although i did like paris more then turkey to be visualized in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I have seen the second one! and I totally agree with what your saying, because the first one was just so good and I don't think any sequel could of beat it. I also really enjoyed the scenery in the first one with the shots of the Eiffel Tower. I'm also hearing rumors that they will becoming out with a 3rd one?

    ReplyDelete